Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2022

Fear the Walking Dead Star Dissects Their Characters Final Moments

Fear the Walking Dead Star Dissects Their Characters Final Moments

The actor behind Fear the Walking Dead's latest shocking death explains what it was like to play a walker in their emotional final scene.

Fear the Walking Dead Star Dissects Their Characters Final Moments

WARNING: Spoilers for yesterday's episode of Fear the Walking Dead, "The Door."

Last night's episode of Fear the Walking Dead turned a fan-favorite character into a walker, and the actor dove into the transformation.

Garret Dillahunt spoke to Entertainment Weekly about the demise of John Dorie, which he said was planned since Season 5 as a way for him to exit the series. Ultimately, it was a simple process to film the final scene.

"I didn't have to do much because he literally probably just turned seconds before washing up on that bank," Dillahunt said. "So he's a brand new one. And I think they do something CGI with the eyes. And since I was crawling out of a river, I didn't have to have any contacts in. And so and it was really [director Michael Satrazemis], just coaching from the side, just saying, 'Newborn calf. Lamb learning to walk. Reach for her.'"

"And I don't think I realized that we were going to shoot that bit in super slow-mo, because I kept thinking like, 'Man, this seems to be taking forever. I think I would have gotten to her by now.' But they wanted to lengthen that, those last moments between John and June," Dillahunt continued. "And it almost seems tender. You're like, 'Is there a little bit of John left in there for a second? Is he fighting it for a little bit harder? Is that a caress on her leg? Or is he trying to grab her and eat her?' So I thought it was pretty effective. And it's a real skill being a walker, which I do not possess. So I was glad I didn't have to actually walk. I just got to slip around in the mud for a few minutes and then they put me out of my misery."

The episode starts with Dorie ready to take his life due to the fallout of the killing of Cameron. But before he could, a new series of twists and turns led to him fighting to right the recent wrongs of his group before ultimately losing his life -- only to reborn a walker and appear before his wife, June. As Dillahunt remarked, it's an emotional moment where someone in the Walking Dead universe must once again kill a loved one.

Fear the Walking Dead stars Lennie James, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Maggie Grace, Colman Domingo, Danay Garcia, Garret Dillahunt, Austin Amelio, Mo Collins, Alexa Nisenson, Karen David, Colby Hollman, Zoe Colletti, Jenna Elfman and Rubén Blades. Season 6 returns April 11 at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT on AMC.

Source: Entertainment Weekly

Math Erao has been writing about pop culture for 15 years. They've written for Screen Rant, Orlando Weekly, MCU Exchange, Mountain Xpress, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fear the Walking Dead Renewed for Season 5

Fear the Walking Dead Renewed for Season 5 Fear the Walking Dead has been renewed for a fifth season by AMC ahead of the return of Season 4....